Here’s a short collection of really cool quotes from a variety of famous people in the photography industry.
- “What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” Karl Lagerfeld
- “A photograph is usually looked at, but seldom looked into.” Ansel Adams
- “Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” Dorothea Lange
- “Your first ten thousand photographs are your worst.” Henri Cartier-Bresson
- “You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life.” Joan Miro
- “There’s only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.” Ernst Haas
- “Photography can never grow up if it imitates some other medium. It has to walk alone; it has to be itself.” Berenice Abbott
- “A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you.” Brigitte Bardot
- “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know.” Peter Gasser
- “Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure.” Tony Benn
We think these are the best quotes about photography, but what’s your favorite?